Monday, October 28, 2013

Trash to Treasure - Egg Carton Paint Palette


I've mentioned before that my family (lovingly) teases me for having a million projects going at once.  But this weekend, I had NOTHING.  I finished my Superhero ABC cross stitch (awaiting framing) for my son's bathroom, the washer was working great (knock wood), and I was planning on taking a break and doing nothing more ambitious than carving up some jack o' lanterns.

But of course, I get my project-doing nature from somewhere *cough*parents*cough*, which revealed itself as my dad regarded an empty plastic egg carton.  

"There must be something we can do with this piece of engineering," he said.

He grabbed a scrap of plywood from the garage...

Some epoxy laying around from a (failed) attempt to fix a broken Buzz Lightyear hip...


Added the egg carton...


 Pressed them together, let set for 15 minutes...


And let one very happy grandson go to town, with plenty of spots to mix new paint colors to his heart's content.


No comments:

Post a Comment