So, as with everything else in this house, after a bunch of false starts, I think we've settled on a great 'just-for-work' space.
After years of working in my own office, I know I need
- an inspiring view
- a big, comfy, thinking chair
- a good ergonomic desk chair
- a big flat spot to spread out papers
- pretty, soothing colors and art
- hidden organization to hide my messes until I'm ready to address them
I started here, checking everything off the list:
|check, check, check...|
|Bold rug to help define the space|
After a few tweaks, I'm pretty happy with it.
|Big Comfy Thinking Chair needs a new cover...|
|My Tiki keeps my calendar running smoothly|
|Soothing (soon-to-be) lush backyard views|
Of course, some of the desk hardware was missing (and Ikea shipped us half of the brackets we needed when we ordered them). In the interest of FINALLY getting this desk up and running, I grabbed these guys from Lowe's. They seem sturdy enough so far.
I'm not the only one enjoying the new space.