Monday, October 7, 2013

Ding Dong Doorbell

While we were de-rotting spiffing up the front door, I stumbled on probably the only thing I will ever be able to afford from Restoration Hardware.  That's right, a doorbell.  Hello, Lovey.

We started with this.

Clipped wires

At least it was easy to remove.

We only drilled a small hole for the wire when we installed the new trim.  

 We thought it would be fine, since our old doorbell plate looked like this.

Of course, we didn't know that the fancy doorbell would look like this.

Time to break out the trusty drill and Forstner Bits (they make a flat bottomed hole).

Then, because the plate is so wide, we had to make some adjustments to the trim.  Time for the old reliable chisel and hammer.

Re-attach the wires in the holes, and screw the doorbell plate on.  Carefully silicone around the seams, and enjoy a quick project actually done in less than a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment