Sunday, May 25, 2014

Small Fixes: Entryway edition

When the Mr. gets home, he drops everything into this basket at the door.  This was an improvement from dumping everything in a pile on top of the shoe cabinet, but still a bit of an eyesore.



Especially since things in the basket tended to get abandoned there.  Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.  

I don't have any idea why there's popcorn in there, either.
The last straw for this sad basket came when I bonked my head on it getting some shoes for the Kiddo. No, I don't have any idea how I did that, either.

I finally found a small wall hanging basket at Homegoods that didn't cost an unseemly amount for something that would be holding a dog leash and outgoing mail.  It's a really little space, and I thought one of those multiple-basket setups would be visually overwhelming.


The hangers on this basket are really visible, so regular nails wouldn't be great here.   I considered the clear 3M hangers, but none of them were strong enough to hold more than a pound or so.  

Then, I found these guys at the hardware aisle at Target.  They turned out pretty perfect, and disappear right into the background.





 Here it is filled up with stuff - hopefully the wire will help prevent the odd-reciept/ephemera buildup the basket allowed.  Either way, I won't be bonking my head anymore, so I declare victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment